Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Knowing God has a plan.

1 Corinthians 2:11

“The Spirit, not content to flit around on the surface, dives into the depths of God, and brings out what God planned all along. Who ever knows what you're thinking and planning except you yourself? The same with God except that he not only knows what he's thinking, but he lets us in on it. God offers a full report on the gifts of life and salvation that he is giving us. We don't have to rely on the world's guesses and opinions. We didn't learn this by reading books or going to school; we learned it from God, who taught us person-to-person through Jesus, and we're passing it on to you in the same firsthand, personal way.”

It’s not like I haven’t heard this concept before but for some reason today it is resonating in my head more than usual. When I stop and think over the last few years of my life I can see that I have taken this concept more seriously than in the past. When we ask God for something, we need to be prepared for Him to change our line of thinking. That’s it. The words look so simple but humanly speaking it’s very difficult.

If I pray for healing for someone I know is dying from cancer, I know God can cause that to happen, but He may choose not to, does that mean He is not real or He doesn’t care about me or the person I am praying for, no, not at all, it’s just that He has a different plan, a better one.

For me in the last few years I have realized that God does have my best interest in mind and whatever circumstance He allows me to be in, He believes I can live through it. And of course He has been right. There have been numerous situations that I have experienced that had I been told ahead of time what was going to happen I would have said, “No way I could never do that, I won’t , I can’t, or you have got to be kidding, me?” The more I ask God for clarity, the more vivid He makes His plans. All along it’s been me, “oh ye of little faith”, I guess that’s where that came from. But as my faith has grown, my awareness of God has grown and the more my awareness grows the more I can see that God changes us, changes us to see things through His eyes.

I can think of about ten different situations from the last year or so that I prayed sincerely for things to be one way, and they turn out a different way, a better way, a more exciting way. The mystery of God’s plan is actually quite adventurous. Waiting and watching for God to move keeps life very interesting. What we call “last minute” God calls right on time, who we call “annoying” God calls us to love, what we call “impossible” God calls easy, what we call a “surprise” God calls a well thought out plan. Just when we think we have God all figured out He opens our eyes to a whole new aspect of Himself.

What could be more exciting than to see what the Creator of the universe has planned for me? After all the beauty He has created, He is the one I want to fashion my life.

Romans 8:37-39 "No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment