Friday, April 1, 2011

Sometimes there just aren't the right words to describe God's love for us. He allows us to have difficulties but only to show us the depth of His love. There is no comparison to our daily troubles and the extreme feeling of God's love when we depend on Him for direction, comfort and answers to pray.~~me.
My whole purpose in writing a blog is to have in writing some of the miracles that God has allowed me to be a part of. But I would also like to be able to encourage others by pointing out these sometimes small but sometimes monstrous miracles.
Miracle.
1. an effect or extraordinary event in the physical world that surpasses all known human or natural powers and is ascribed to a supernatural cause.
2. such an effect or event manifesting or considered as a work of god.
3. a wonder; marvel.
So here’s a recent miracle. My daughter Courtney is in Australia and a week ago she was distraught because she did not have the remaining $1700 she needed to go with her team to the second part of her outreach. Her team has been training for three months to go to Thailand. If a team member does not have all of their funds, they stay back and then go to Thailand when their support money comes in. So literally a week ago Courtney still needed $1700, that’s a lot of money. So Courtney, many others and myself began to pray for a quick miracle. With in 24 hours she was given $660 from some of her team members, people started putting money in her Paypal account, and she got a couple of checks in the mail. Then she sent me a note telling me that every time she goes to her bank account she finds she has mis- calculated the money and she has more than what she thought, and instead of needing $200 three days before she leaves, she only needed $23. THEN, the last banking day before she leaves for Thailand, her tax return check came in the mail and I deposited $415 for her. Which covers not only the remaining money but will cover the $150 she had to borrow from a credit card. And money is still coming in, which all go towards the people in Thailand.

All of this to say, God’s timing is always perfect. God could have held back the money from Courtney and if He would have, to me, that means He had a different plan for her, in Australia, but He did not hold back. He gave Courtney more than what she needed, of course He did.

“God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us.”
Ephesians 3:20


The feeling in my gut that I felt when I thought for a second that maybe Courtney would have to stay back, was a real physical ache in my heart. (I have had this feeling before, it’s a real physical feeling right in the middle of my chest, my heart literally aches with pain when it looks like God has other plans for me and those I pray for.) But even this real feeling of pain doesn’t hurt as much as the joy and goodness feels when God answers a prayer with a real tangible answer.
{An answer that clearly exhibits God’s power, grace, mercy and love. }
There are many other tangible answers to pray that I have experienced lately, but because they involve other people and I do respect other’s privacy, these stories will have to be shared in God's timing and that time will come because these stories are how we know our God is real.
What I’ve learned: if I pray I have to be looking for the answer, it’s not always going to be what or where I expect, so I need to look in all directions because my blessing may come in a form that I would have never thought of!
God is so creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment