Friday, November 19, 2010

Facebook or No Facebook, this is the question.


So many people I know have been taking a Facebook vacation. I have heard recently of a pastor who wants everyone to delete his or her facebook accounts due to the amount of gossiping and inappropriateness that is on facebook. I thought I would share some of my thoughts on the subject.


Facebook is a place to keep up with friends and family, share pictures, express yourself, share events, and basically get information out to as many people as you want to. Can facebook be used for evil and inappropriate things, of course? Facebook itself is not evil though; it’s the people that use it for inappropriate things that are evil. Similar to the Internet, is it evil? Evil no, but people use it for evil. TV? Cell phones? Cars? Money? Cameras? Ok, I think you get my point.

Everything created has the potential to be used for evil. Why? Because humans are basically evil, and it’s people that turn these cool inventions into evil. Last I checked an automobile did not randomly run itself into a family and kill them. I’ve never seen $20 bills pick themselves up and buy crack or pay for a prostitute. I’ve never seen a cell phone dial itself up and send out inappropriate pictures to someone. “Guns don’t kill people, people kill people”, is a quote that I really like and it’s true for many things. Facebook doesn’t gossip about people, people gossip about people.


I have an idea for people that think Facebook is evil, use it for something good. Be that person that uses their facebook for encouraging others, sharing pictures and other respectable things.

What man intends for evil, God uses for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment