Thursday, October 14, 2010

Why I am going PINK for the month of OCTOBER

It's been 23 years since my mom died of breast cancer. She only lived for 11 months after she was diagnosed. If you've read my "Mother's Day" blog you know that she was only 44 years old. Too young to die. When I think of what she must have gone through the last few months of her life, it's quite sobering. Saying good bye to her kids, her husband, her friends, wow, she always seemed so composed.
My mom had the
"peace that passes all understanding".

I have never gone "PINK" before this is the first year that I feel compelled to spread "PINK". A simple reminder that there are women that are leaving their loves behind because of breast cancer. If going "PINK" puts a reminder in one women's mind to get a mammogram, encourages one person to give a donation to the Breast Cancer Research Fund or encourages someone to do the "Three Day Walk"....then going "PINK" for a month is the least I can do.

The women in our lives are very important...let's do all we can to make sure they are with us for a long, long time.

Patricia Joyce Wilkinson Shelton:
daughter, sister, wife, mother of 4, friend to many,
follower of Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this...a day doesn't go by that I don't think about my beautiful sister. Thank you for going pink!!!! Love...Auntie

    ReplyDelete